Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hallelujah!

Have you ever thought about what the resurrection means to you? Have you ever wondered where we would be today if Jesus had not risen from the dead? I was listening to a concert of the Gaithers that was taped in Jerusalem...and one of the songs they sang was "Bethlehem, Galilee, Gethsemane". What an awesome song! Here are the lyrics below...

Bethlehem, He was born there, I believe, I believe
Galilee, Jesus walked there, I believe, I believe
Gethsemane, my Savior prayed there, on Calvary, He died alone
But the tomb, He left there, I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe
Bethlehem, He was born there. There was nothing sacred about that manger in Bethlehem, Jesus could have been born in the best hotel room in the city, if it had been left open for Him. But He wasn't pushy, He still isn't. He moves only into the places we vacate for Him. There was room, that night, only in the stable, so, that's where He was born.
Galilee, Jesus walked there, I believe, I believe
Jesus walked with common men, but there was nothing common about His words, they upset every comfortable ethic. He upset judicial systems when He said, "Love those who hate you." He upset patterns of religion, by declaring that real temples of worship, were in the hearts of believers. He refused to discuss laws and rules governing people's actions, but zeroed in on their thoughts and attitudes instead. If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him. If He had been a warrior they could have fought Him. Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him, as an eccentric, but Christ was love,
what do you do with that?
Gethsemane, my Savior prayed there, on Calvary, He died alone
Gethsemane was agony for Christ. In those dark hours, He cried in desperation, "Father, if it be Your will, let this cup pass from me.", but it wasn't Gods will and Jesus died alone
But the tomb, Jesus left there, I believe, I believe
God could have had Jesus resurrected right from the cross, when no one was around, instead, He arranged a full burial, with grave clothes, a tomb, and even a roman seal, but after three days, conquering death, Jesus walked out free, leaving for all to see, the massive stone rolled away, and the empty tomb
And now, He lives and reigns forever, I believe, I believe
And He prays for us in Heaven, I believe, I believe
And with the ones who've gone before me, I will praise the Prince of Peace!
Hallelujah, hallelujah, I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe!
(Sung by Russ Taff)

When you hear this song sung...it brings forth the power of the cross! This is OUR Saviour, OUR Lord, OUR Creator, OUR King, OUR Father...wow! Do we truly believe?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! :D GREAT!