Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thanksgiving

Well it is October now...the leaves are turning color and falling off the trees. The weather is becoming colder, days are shorter and the world is preparing to hibernate for the winter. However before we hibernate we celebrate Thanksgiving.
We as human beings have sooo much to be thankful for. Here are a few I am thankful for:
Eternal Life: I am thankful that the Lord has called me to be His child and that I have a living Saviour!
Parents: I am so thankful for the parents I have. They have supported me, encouraged me, prayed for me, and were there for me every step of my life. I will never forget all that they have done for me. Thank you Dad and Mom!
Family: I have many brothers and sisters and I am thankful for every single one of them. I love them all so dearly. Two years ago I gained another sister of which I am truly thankful for...she has fit so well into our family! And this year the Lord gave us another brother who is such a tiny little miracle! Thank you Lord for my family!
Health: I am thankful for the health I have. Yes some days are a struggle but you know its just a reminder how our life here is only temporary. I am thankful that I can breath each day!
Work: I am thankful for the job I have and the many lives I have been able to be a part of here in Ottawa. I love nursing soo much and I am thankful that the Lord has helped complete my dream!
Friends: I am so thankful for the many friends and family I have the have prayed and continue to pray for me daily. I dont know how I would do it without their prayers.
The Lord has been so good to me. This is only a small picture of how thankful I am to the Lord for everything He has done in my life.
Remember daily to thank the Lord for something...even if it is something small that has happened that day. Everyday is a Thanksgiving Day!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

you forgot food and Coke! :-D

No really, good post. I am glad to be a part of your family too. :) And you are so right about every day being Thanksgiving.

Today, I am thankful that James is coming home!!!

C.F.B said...

Yes that is true I forgot about coke and coffee!