Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dealing with Pain

Have you ever had pain in your life? There are so many different kinds of pain, as well as so many different reasons for the pain. Pain can be emotional, physical and mental.
The reason I am writing this is because I am in the middle of a Crohns flareup and think about pain more then I really want to! :) But it also got me thinking that so many people in this world are in pain and it is more then just physical pain. Pain can not always be taken care of with pain killers...and not everyone can understand anothers pain.
However there is one person who can understand everyones pain no matter what kind of pain it is. That person is Jesus Christ. I am thankful that the Lord understands the pain that I go through and the pain that you go through. I am thankful that He is beside me every step of the way...carrying me when I feel like I can not go any further.
This post is not a complaining session...it is to tell you that there is hope for your pain. Cast your care on the Lord and He will care for you. Jesus says, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:29-30
Go to our Saviour and lean on Him for He will get you through whatever you are facing today!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It is so true that none of us can really understand what another person is going through, even if we have been through a similar situation ourselves. Pain, especially, is so individual that no two people will respond to it in the same way. The problem comes when we are not as compassionate to each other as we could be.

However, there is certainly a great amount of comfort that our Saviour understands EVERY LITTLE THING in our lives and cares about it too!! I am so thankful for a Saviour like that.

I hope the pain goes away soon!! These are some very good reminders....