Wednesday, August 15, 2007

More about me....


Actually that title seems to be a very self-centered title...why would I write a paragraph about me anyway...well if you don't like it then stop reading now cause I am going to keep on writing!

So you know I live in Ottawa....I live on the South East end of Ottawa in a twelve story apartment building. Yes I live on the twelfth floor which is not all that bad until there is a thunderstorm overhead and I think about the fact that we are the tallest building in the area....

The apartment is a nice place....clean and large enough for me and my kitty. My apartment is about a two or three minute drive to the hospital and if I walk it ....it takes me about half an hour....I know I must be short cause that is even walking fast! :( Somedays I walk to work, other days I take the bus, and yes there are a few days where I will drive. Not bad really....

The church I attend is about a three minute drive south west from my apartment. It really all seems odd to have things so close but I guess I just have to keep telling myself that I live in the city now.

Well that is all for now! More later.....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

so, it is a 2 or 3 minute drive, but a 30 minute walk? Hmmmm, I guess that is a LITTLE slow. Driving to the Avalon takes 5 or 6 minutes, but is a 30 minute walk.

You can try to blame it on being short, but since I know you in "real life", I know that you are about three inches taller than me. :) Maybe you just have short legs.

It is cool to be close to everything. It's great to have options to drive or walk. City life perk!

Andrew said...

Hey, when I went to university, I was a 5 to 10 minute drive, a 35 minute bus ride, or a 45 minute walk away.

Go figure.