Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dealing with change....

I have been listening to Pastor James McDonald's sermons on "Change"...which by the way are really good. These sermons really made me think how we as human beings have such a hard time with accepting change. This difficulty accepting change really hinders our walk with the Lord, as the Christian life is full of change. I used to think that I did well with change until I moved here to Ottawa and realized how much I disliked change. And yet this change in my life is the will of God to shape and refine who I am. Its a daily struggle to accept this change in my life...but yet the Lord never gives up on me nor does He give up on any of us.
We as Christian's need to be more ready and willing for change in our life so that the Lord can continue His perfect will in our lives. Change draws us closer to Him, shaping, refining our lives and changing the lives of those around us. Sanctification is a daily change in our lives...are we open to that change? David cries out in Psalm 51 "Create in me a clean heart...", that calls for change...are we open to accept that change?
Lets continue to ask the Lord to help us accept the change in our life that He brings to refine us!

No comments: