Saturday, November 24, 2007

Everyday Life...

Life here in Ottawa is pretty busy. Somedays I think it will slow down...but looking ahead now I don't see that happening any time soon. I have started a second job in a retirement home. I will be doing orientation tomorrow and am actually looking forward to it. It will be a nice change of pace from the business of working in the hospital. Work in the hospital has been fairly busy. The days and nights I dread the most are the ones where we work short. However that has become more of a norm in a lot of places with the shortage of nurses. In times like this you learn how to prioritize really well.
My Crohn's disease has been more under control in the last two weeks after starting back on some meds again. One of the meds is an immunosuppresant so I have to be very careful not to pick up any infections...which is harder to do while working in the medical profession. However it is nice to finally have the pain more under control and being able to eat a little more normal again.
My cat is doing well. She is not all that happy with the many hours that I am working...but I think she is resigning herself to the fact. I think sometimes she misses the company of her cousins (my sister's cats).
Well that is enough for now. At least I can say I wrote another blog. Remember Christmas is only 30 days away! Oh do I ever love this time of year! Take care you all!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am glad your Crohn's is doing better, it sucked there for a while. :)

Merry Christmas in just 17 days!!!!